Skip to main content

The Universe and I Had a Chat

The Universe and I Had a Chat
by Jenny L. Nielsen

The universe and I had a chat
last night
Funny how he showed up
when I'd invited him to tea so many times
and he hadn't shown
but here he was now when it didn't seem right
not the right cast of light
but then of course it's right
spacetime makes it's own decisions
he rode in on a soap bubble
but kinda plopped
sat on the edge of the carpet for a moment
before blinking out and then
revamping the skylight with a light beam
that shone on a cornerstone of my soul
I'd swept into one of the catacombs of my heart
without direction
he spoke
and said "Burp"
(or perhaps this was the dish drainer? Although it was loud, and definite)
and somehow this was enough I suppose
or would have been if
the book on my counter hadn't blown open to page 138
and I read some poem by e e cummings
some dig on thank you god for an amazing ears of eyes
that makes more sense if you're up at 1:30 AM plastered on sleep hormones and energy drinks studying for
finals than on an average night
this kind of night
that the universe chose to show up
and read poetry with me
and then of course the universe would read poetry right
cuz it's a verse
and I announced this to the universe
and he described himself
as a poem
one poem
one verse
that describes everything
math religion bunnies pacman raspberries
all language
without reason
the reason is what's there
all there is
tada
bingo bam
zing
and I asked what about love
and he said who would write a poem if there had never been love
and I asked if the universe was an ode to someone
and he said you
and I said "someone needs to teach the universe to write"
and the universe laughed very hard and said shhh
and disappeared leaving me some unsettled tea leaves
but I thought about it and looked out the window
and I realized the leaves falling against the pane spoke more softly and more gently
than a single word whispered in my ear
and I knew there would be warm milk in the morning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To the Metahumans!!!! A review of Deepak Chopra's Metahuman

Deepak Chopra's book Metahuman is a delightful pathway to the practice of being at peace with one's self as a denizen of the universe who has "gone beyond". Beyond the normal path of recreational or work-business-school 9-to-5 plodding; into the family of folks who have become more than they are.  Following these exercises with an open mind, you will gain control of yourself and truly unleash your infinite potential. No human can promise miracles but if you follow this path earnestly I believe firmly you will at least learn to recognize and embrace the miracle that you are.  Following this book you will learn, at some level of reality, we are entangled. We are nonlocal. We exist and have consciousness--whatever that "magical" thing is! (Deepak tells us what he knows!) We can meditate and feel our very being, our existence. But we are also open and permeable systems. We co-create our experiences with others as members of groups. We generate experiences as

Quanglebits and my Hopf Fiber Obsession

Background: https://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/Hopf+fibration Project A: Towards defining a unit measure of quantum information, a quanglebit, written as a Hopf bundle over a Bloch hypersphere in complex space, which unlike the qubit is sensitive to quantum entanglement and could contain entanglement information. (There is past work to cite here that goes so far as mentioning the Bloch sphere and qubits and that the Hopf fibration is a way to redo the qubit, but does not redefine a new measure of information -- I think it is crucial at this point to redefine our measure of quantum information and get away from the limitations of the qubit structure, which is not easy to describe entanglement therewith.) Beginning date of project: 2013 (with many breaks). While hardly trivial, not a difficult project.  Project B : Redefining the fields [EM and QFT] and Schrodinger on the Hopf fiber bundle (approximate beginning date of project: June 2008). 
Two videos with Deepak Chopra in which I appear: